Pages

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Christmas Starts Here - Poinsettia

Hello to all those people who have visited here and those that have left some lovely comments which I really appreciate.

I've decided that now we are in to October I really ought to think about making some Christmas cards and this first offering is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque I actually bought a few weeks ago which I believe is not now available.  The colours are not the typical Christmas colours - especially the black - but it gives a good contrasting background to the gold and cream.





I used a gold pearlescent 51/4 inch square card on which I layered a 41/4 inch square piece of cream card.  The black card which is about 1/4 inch smaller all round was stamped randomly with the same poinsettia stamp using versamark ink and then heat embossed with WOW Gold EP.  The main image was stamped and embossed twice on to cream card using the same technique as for the background, but with just the central part of the flower for the top layer to give it a bit of dimension, and put together with Pinflair Glue Gel.  I finished by colouring the centre of the flower with a Signo Gold Pigment Pen and then added a sentiment.




2 comments:

Julie said...

I think this would look great in red & gold too. Even orange & copper if you want to be very daring. ;-)

Sandy said...

This is really gorgeous!!!!
Sandy