Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

Birthday with Bags of Style

Hi there everyone.  Firstly I would like to say thank you for all the lovely comments I have received and thank you to my new followers - in fact the first three followers - thank you so much.

Anyway, on to today's post, which is a birthday card I have made using a set of stamps from Creative Expressions called Bags of Style, which consists of four handbags, a border and corner and some sentiments.  They stamp beautifully and are large enough to colour, emboss or use paper piecing techniques on, which makes them an extremely versatile and useful set of stamps.




I started with a 6 inch square white card.  I stamped the border and corner stamp four times on some white stamping card with Versamark Ink, embossed with WOW Gold EP, and cut them out.  Luckily these fitted nicely on my base card.  Often I start off with a rough starting plan which evolves as I go along, and I decided after doing the frame that I would keep the colours to gold, black and white.  I next cut a 4 inch  diameter circle from black card using an X-Cut Die and using a Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Medallion Three I cut the pattern in the centre. To add a little extra interest I used a mask from That Special Touch called Chicken Wire, which actually has more the look of a trellis or harlequin design, and embossed it using my Grand Calibur.




I stamped one of the handbags onto white card using Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink and coloured it using a Promarker in Cool Grey and a Uni-ball Gold Pigment Pen, and then I covered it completely with  Versamark Ink and double embossed it with WOW Clear EP to give it a lovely shine.  I was going to add a piece of Mirri Card under the mat but then decided to use a softer tone and found this creamy yellow which I thought went better.  To finish I heat embossed the sentiment in WOW Gold EP.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
  

6 comments:

Julie said...

Hi, It looks even better in 'real' life. The gloss on the handbag really brings it to life. Another brilliantly designed card.

Darnell said...

Wowza, Pat, this is rich and so, so elegant! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

This is so gorgeous. Love that gold border & corners. That was some fussy-cutting on those dimensional corners. Your handbag is lovely; it looks like fabric - thought it had been paper pieced until I read the details. Using the D-lite as a mat was an inspired touch, with the soft yellow behind the black. This is a wonderfully detailed card. TFS & Hugs

Mary said...

Pat, you've created a real beauty. Oh so elegant! Welcome to WOYWW it's a fun place to spend part of every Wednesday. I'm sure I'll see you again soon.

Viv said...

OOOOooooo Like this! Great corners - and I NEED that handbag in real life! LOL

Stewart Moore said...

It can't be your handbag mum, it's not big enough!